Table of Contents
What Is Optimal Health?
What is optimal health? For some people, it might mean eating a balanced diet and exercising regularly. For others, it might mean taking supplements or medications to prevent or treat health conditions. Optimal health is different for everyone, but there are some commonalities. Generally speaking, people who are in optimal health are able to function well physically, mentally, and emotionally. They have plenty of energy and vitality, and they rarely get sick. If you want to achieve optimal health, start by taking an honest assessment of your current health. From there, you can identify lifestyle changes or medical interventions that will help you reach your goal. Remember, optimal health is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the process and don’t be too hard on yourself if you make a few missteps along the way.
These habits can help according to health line.
Why Food Matters?
When it comes to our health, the food we eat plays a vital role. The nutrients in healthy foods help to keep our bodies strong and our minds sharp. Eating a balanced diet can also help to reduce the risk of developing obesity, heart disease, and diabetes. And while eating healthy can sometimes be more expensive than grabbing a quick burger and fries, the long-term benefits are well worth the extra effort. After all, there’s no price tag that can be put on good health. So next time you’re tempted to reach for the junk food, remember that your body will thank you for making the healthier choice.
Eating healthy food is important for many reasons. It can help you maintain a healthy weight, have more energy, and avoid diseases. When you eat healthy foods, your body gets the fiber it needs, the vitamins it needs, and the minerals it needs. These nutrients allow your body to function properly both physically and mentally. Eating a healthy diet has been linked with lower rates of heart disease, arthritis, diabetes, and some forms of cancer, such as ovarian cancer. Healthy eating isn’t just about avoiding unhealthy foods; it’s also about eating more of the good stuff. Make sure to include plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein in your diet. And don’t forget to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water every day.
Health & Wellness Foods That Are The Very Best
So there’s a lot of information out there when it comes to wellness. Some of it may be up for debate while the other stuff is based in hard cold facts and really can’t be debated at all.
This is very much the case when it comes to food. There are the tried and tested healthy foods that have shown and proven in study after study and through varying research the enormous benefits.
I think in our culture all too often the quick fix seems to be a way of life. However the quick fix can have long lasting effects that don’t have a quick fix.
Longevity and health matter. We are here so we might as well be doing our best and living our best life and nurturing our minds, souls and bodies.
So here is the breakdown –
- Alaskan Salmon – love
- Organic Dairy – While it’s non-dairy I’ve been doing oat milk lately – I’m loving it in my coffee
- Cruciferous Veggies – my absolute go to’s with each daily salad
- Avocados – Yes. Healthy, but in moderation. Love avocados, but always have to remember to not over do it
- Beans, Legumes, Whole Grains – steal cut oats for breakfast – I make extra to save on time
- Chia Seeds – drop them right into the oatmeal or my salad
- Arugula – one of my favorite greens for salad
- Cannelini Beans
Checkout this video I put together for living more sustainably.
Other Health Tips To Keep In Mind
There are many things you can do to live a healthy lifestyle, and eating healthy is just one part of it. Below are some health tips that go beyond food.
- Get enough sleep: Most people need around eight hours of sleep per night. Not getting enough sleep can lead to health problems such as obesity, heart disease, and diabetes.
- Be active: Getting regular exercise is important for overall health. It can help to reduce your risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and stroke, and it can also improve your mental health.
- Avoid tobacco: Tobacco use is one of the leading causes of preventable death in the world. It increases your risk of various cancers, lung diseases, and other health problems. If you smoke, quitting is the best thing you can do for your health.
- Limit alcohol: Drinking alcohol in moderation has some health benefits, but drinking too much can cause health problems such as liver disease, cancer, and stroke. If you drink alcohol, it’s important to do so responsibly. following these health tips can help you live a healthier lifestyle. However, it’s important to remember that everyone is different, so what works for one person may not work for another. Talk to your doctor about what steps you can take to improve your health.
The below contains affiliate links for which I will get a commission from amazon should you purchase.
Some Tools That Help Promote Wellness
So I’ve been on a lifelong journey to heal from chronic insomnia. I’ve been through a couple of different treatments for insomnia. One most recently that has been truly life changing, through Stanford. Yes, that Stanford. I’ll be sharing more in the coming months about my healing journey with sleep, but in the mean time I want you to know I get it.
If you are struggling with sleep know there is treatment and there are certain things you can do that make a difference.
For one – have a pillow that promotes good sleep. It’s these little things that we just don’t even realize that might be keeping us up at night.
While this wasn’t something that was part of the Stanford treatment although they do encourage comfort while sleeping this is something I discovered on my own.
Now let me tell you this pillow has changed my life.
Temperature is also something we don’t realize may be keeping us up at night. This was very much the case for me. I was constantly kicking off my sheets and then pulling them back on. So now I’ve alleviated that issue with this amazing weighted blanket that helps me feel cocooned in a way and warm and snuggly.
And this little sound machine can help boost wellness by adding a little calm to your life.