I cannot believe it. 2022! Did I just say that? Yep. Another one down and another opportunity to self-evaluate. What are my new resolutions for the new year?
And what are yours?
Well I’d like to start with a little reflecting on 2021. No. It’s not premature. We’re literally only about 4 weeks out till the new year.
So let’s consider how it’s gone this year? Did we live up to all of our goals and resolutions we vowed to make happen in 2021?
Let’s go deeper with this. Why or why not?
What was it that kept us from it? No excuses. It doesn’t have to sound good or look pretty because this is a simple exercise in honest self-reflection. It’s for us so there’s no need to sugar coat it or soften it. No need to share any of this with anyone else. Caveat – If you have a wonderfully thoughtful person who is all ears then by all means share. Hash it out. Bounce back your thoughts on why you didn’t perform or live up to your own expectations of yourself. Talking this through with someone can be a powerful exercise and will help give you clarity you may be lacking right now.
Keep it real. It’s this authenticity that is going to help you lean more into the new year ahead and really get to the bottom of what it is you want to tackle this year without the excuses.
So again not too early to start journaling about the shortcomings and pitfalls that might’ve derailed you in 2021 and how you can and WILL do better in 2022!
That is the greatest way to overcome and grow. It’s to acknowledge where we came up short and how we could do better. Excuses are just that. They do nothing, but keep you stuck and in that holding pattern.
The clock is ticking and time is flying. We have incredible things we need to do and things we need to accomplish and we just can’t make any more excuses at this point.
Time is not infinite. It may perhaps be our greatest obstacle, but when we Honor it, it can also be our greatest asset.
When we understand the preciousness of time then we value it and give it what it’s worth. We give it all of us.
We have time and we have this moment, but in the greater scheme of things it eludes us.
It’s in the quietude that we can honor and respect its utmost value and importance and begin to use it for us and stop pitting it against us cause I’m pretty sure that’s just another excuse.
So here are some tips to help you get going on this!
- Journal – what you did and did not accomplish
- Go deeper – why or why not? Ask yourself.
- Sit in quietude – contemplate on this.
- Make sitting in silence a part of your daily routine – 3-5 minutes – just start with that – yep, I’m saying it again – NO EXCUSES
- Now – Gameplan – Write it down
- Nothing overwhelming – 3-4 things you want to accomplish in 2022. Be as clear and concise and meticulous as possible with these details. Have a very VERY clear idea of what it is you want.
- Come up with a definitive breakdown – timeline. Be reasonable with yourself.
- Now get excited about what you are going to make happen in your life in 2022.
- Start the year off excited and inspired.
- BONUS TIP – Get one of those tasks started now. Just take one little baby step towards that before the new year is here so you can hit the ground running!
- Last but not least – Have an awesome New Year!
Wishing you peace, love, joy and ample prosperity in 2022! Happy New Year.